«Sensor Electronics and Microsystem Technologies»
The Requirements on Papers Preparation.
Information for Authors.
“Sensor Electronics and Microsystem Technologies” publishes articles, brief messages, letters to Editors, and comments containing results of fundamental and applied researches, on the following directions:
- Physical, chemical and other phenomena, as the bases of sensors.
- Sensors design and mathematical modeling.
- Physical sensors.
- Optical and optoelectronic and radiation sensors.
- Acoustoelectronic sensors.
- Chemical sensors.
- Nanosensors (physics, materials, technology)
- Sensor materials.
- Sensors production technologies.
- Sensors and information systems.
- Microsystems and nanotechnologies (MST, LIGA-technologies, actuators).
- Sensor’s degradation, metrology and certification.
The journal publishes the custom-made reviews on actual questions appropriate to the mentioned subjects, current information - chronicle, special papers devoted to known scientists, paid advertising messages, conferences announcements.
The basic article text should meet the SAC Ukraine Presidium Decree requirements from 15.01.2003 ¹7-05/1 (SAC Bulletin ¹ 1, 2003) and be structured. The materials sent to Editors, should be written with the maximal text presentation clearness and accuracy. In the submitted manuscript the actuality of problem should be reflected, the purpose of the work should be formulated. It must contain an original part and conclusions providing the received results essence and their novelty understanding. The authors should avoid the new terms and narrowprofile jargon phrase unreasonable introduction.
Journal Edition asks authors at a direction of articles in a print to be guided by the following rules:
- Manuscripts should be submitted in duplicate in Ukrainian, English, or Russian, a hard copy and supplemented with a text file and figures on a CD. Manuscripts which are offered by authors from Ukraine or CIS countries to the edition in English are necessarily supplemented by Ukrainian or Russian version. An electronic copy may be submitted by e-mail.
- Acceptable text formats: MS Word (rtf, doc).
- Acceptable graphic formats for figures: EPS, TIFF, BMP, PCX, CDR, WMF, MS Word and MS Graf, JPEG. Figures created using software for mathematical and statistical calculations should be converted to one of these formats.
- For articles of authors from Ukraine there should be expert conclusions about an opportunity of an open print.
Manuscripts should be sent to:
Lepikh Yaroslav Illich, The Vice Editor,
Odessa National I. I. Mechnikov University, ISEPTC (RL-3),
str. Dvoryanskaya, 2, Odessa, 65082, Ukraine.
Manuscripts of articles anonymous reviewing is carried out
The manuscript preparation rules:
The manuscripts should be supplemented with the Official letter signed by a chief manager of the institution where the work was performed. This rule does not apply to papers submitted by authors from abroad or international groups of authors.
Ñopyright transfer to the Publisher.
- PACS and Universal Decimal Classification code (for authors from ÑIS) in the top left corner. Several comma-separated codes are allowed. If no classification codes are indicated, the code(s) will be assigned by the Editorial Board.
- Title of the paper (central, capital, bold, 14pt).
- Name (-s) of the author(s) below, in one space (central, normal face, 12pt).
- Name of affiliated institution, full address, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses (if available) for each author below, in one space (central, normal face, 12pt).
- Abstract: up to 1000 characters.
- Keywords: its amount must not exceed eight words. In the specific cases it is acceptable to use two- or three-word terms. These words must be placed under the abstract and written in the same language.
Items 2,3,4,5,6 must be presented in series in Ukrainian, English and Russian languages.
For authors from abroad which do not know Ukrainian or Russian languages, items 2-5 may be presentd only in English.
- To each copy of the article abstracts in Ukrainian and the English language are applied (each abstract on a separate sheet). The special attention should be given to the writing of the article summary in English. For this purpose it is expedient to use the qualified experts - linguists with the further scientific editing the text by the author (-s). Before the word "abstract" it is necessary to write the full article name by the appropriate language, UDC, surnames and the initials of the authors, names of affiliated institutions. The abstract in volume of 200-250 words must be structured: the purpose (precisely formulated), research methods and results (shortly), generalizations or conclusions. After the text of the abstract from the item key words are placed.
- Article text should be printed 1,5-spaced on white paper A4 format with a 12pt, margins: left - 3sm, right - 1,5, upper and lower - 2,5sm. Titles of the sections if it is present should be typed bold, capitals.
Equations should be entered using MS Equation Editor or MathType. Papers with handwritten equations are not accepted. Notations should be defined when the first appearing in the text.
Tables should be submitted on separate pages in the format of appropriate text formats (see above), or in the text format (with columns separated by interval, commas, or tabulation characters).
- At the article text end one must indicate surnames, names and patronymics of all authors, the mail address, the phone, a fax, e-mail (for the correspondence).
- List of references should be 1,5-spaced, with references numbered in order of their appearance in the text. The bibliography is printed only by the roman type (cyrillics represents in transliteration).
The literature registration order should conform to DÀC of Ukraine requirements, for example:
. I.M. Cidilkov skii. Elektrony i dyrki v poluprovdnikah. Nauka, M. 450 s. (1972).
. J.A. Hall. Imaging tubes. Chap. 14 in The Infrared Handbook, Eds. W.W. Wolfe, G.J. Zissis, pp. 132-176, ERIM, Ann Arbor, MI (1978).
. N. Blutzer, A.S. Jensen. Current readout of infrared detectors // Opt. Eng., 26(3), pp. 241-248 (1987).
- Figures and tables captions should be printed in the manuscript double-spaced after the list of references. Footnotes should be avoided if possible.
Only high-quality pictures can be accepted. Inscriptions and symbols should be printed inside picture. Negatives, and slides are not accepted.
Each figure should be printed on a separate page and have a size not exceeding 160x200 mm. For text inside figures, use 10pt. Measurement units should be indicated after a comma (not in blankets). All figures are to be numbered in order of its appearance in the text, with sections denoted as (a), (b), etc. Placing the figure numbers and captions inside figures is not allowed. On the backside, write with a pencil the paper title, author(s) name(s) and figure number, and mark the topside with an arrow.
Photographs should be submitted as original prints. Color printing is possible if its cost is covered by the authors or their sponsors.
- The article must be signed by author (all authors) with the date indication on the last page.
Authors bear full responsibility for irreproachable language make out of the text, especially for a correct scientific terminology (it should be verified under terminological dictionaries of the appropriate speciality).
- The date of article acceptance is that one when the final variant comes to the publisher after a prepublication review.
After obtaining the proof sheet the author should correct mistakes (clearly cancel incorrect variant with blue or black ink and put the correct variant on border) and send urgently the revised variant to the editor by e-mail.
Author's signature at the article end vouches that author grants a copyright to the publisher.
Author vouches that the work has not been published elsewhere, either completely, or in part and has not been submitted to another journal.
Not accepted manuscripts will not be returned.
To author attention.
1. International agency ISSN has established our Journal shortcut – Sens. elektron. mikrosist. tehnol. We ask you in your references and article bibliographic dates use such name as on it the reference to your article will be carried out.
© 2004 — 2016 Odessa I. I. Mechnikov National University.